Monday, October 4, 2010

More names

Well, the orange boys are now called Duke and Dizzy after Duke Ellington and Dizzy Gillespie. My older daughter is considering the name Hades for the all black kitten, but I am still thinking of him as Count Basie. My husband is waffling between Ella and Dara. She is quite delicate looking.

The kittens are still having a tough time without Mama. I feed them and it takes them quite a while to settle down. They often cry for 10 minutes after they finish eating. They won't take more food, but they still want to be able to nurse for comfort. On top of that, I put my new fuzzy blanket into their box, and now they have attached to it as a mama substitute! I tried to take it out to wash it, and they were inconsolable. As soon as I returned the blanket to the box, they quieted down. So my hubby is gonna buy me another one so the kittens can keep theirs - LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just popped over from The Kitten Pile! Ah, the sacrifices we will make (giving up the new blankie) for the little ones! I do hope they settle in well and find comfort in each other after a few more days. Kittens crying is just heartbreaking!

    Love the jazz theme on the names (but then I liked the unofficial "Basement Cat" from the last post, too!).

    ReplyDelete