Friday, February 24, 2012

The photos I promised
Here are the pics of Cedar I took this morning. You can see that her face is pretty roughed up from the infection, and that her belly is HUGE.
But I have to say, she is the sweetest thing! She has a full-body purr that starts the second I touch her. And this morning, I tried to pick her up and put her in my lap. She hesitated for a moment, then sank down and put her face in the crook of my arm and just purred and purred. I got the feeling that it took a moment, then she remembered what it felt like to cuddle in a lap. It was heart-melting.
Cedar is the first cat I have been around who is declawed. It feels so strange when she tries to make biscuits! I am so completely against declawing. To know she has survived for nearly the past year without any real way to defend herself makes me even more impressed with her.
Can't wait for the kitten debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment