Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dolce

When I went in to visit Dolce and kittens this morning, I was unpleasantly surprised to discover that she is sneezing - A LOT! Looks like she has an upper respiratory infection. Plus, it is now possible to see how painfully thin she is. Her hips stick out, and she weighs next to nothing. Poor thing. Luckily, the kittens are gaining weight at a great rate. Nearly all of them are near to doubling their birth weight.

I am planning to get some meds from the Humane Society today, and I will wash all the bedding she and the kittens are using. No point in giving the infection any advantages.

When we had Delilia, she seemed so capable of taking care of herself. Dolce is tugging at my heart strings much more. I find myself wanting to protect her and her babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment