Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Monday morning

I got up early to head off to work, and spent a few minutes with Dolce. Her fur is noticibly softer, and I have seen her grooming herself more often. Her nose, which had been dry the morning before, seemed soft and damp again. It was particularly nice to have her come sit on my lap and snuggle. I think we have turned the corner with her dehydration and cold. She is also eating and drinking much more. We are filling her water dish every couple of days now, which is much better.

The kittens are still gaining weight, but slowly. I am starting to try and give them supplemental feedings, but I don't seem to be having lots of luck. Either they are not hungry because Dolce is providing enough for them, or there is a technique that I am lacking. I will keep trying so that I am certain they are getting enough nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment